Ryanair, on 23 Aug announced plans to cut check bag fees by introducing a lower cost €/£8 x10kg check bag service (currently €/£25 x20kg) and reduce the volume of free 2ndgate bags which has been causing flight delays, from 1 Nov next as follows:
– Priority Boarding customers (currently 30%) can continue to bring 2 free carry-on bags (1 x 10kg wheelie bag and 1 small bag).
– Non-priority customers can only bring 1 free (small) carry-on bag from 1 Nov.
– If non-priority customers want to bring a 2nd bigger (wheelie) bag they can buy a lower cost 10kg check bag for €/£8 at time of booking (currently a 20kg bag costs €/£25). This 10kg wheelie bag must be checked in at the airport bag drop desk.
– All customers with checked bags can now switch from the €/£25 x20kg bag to the cheaper €/£8 x10kg checked bag.
– The new policy will go live at boarding gates on/after 1 November 2018 and for all bookings made on/after 1 September 2018.
If you think this may affect your booking, please do not hesitate to contact any of our offices:
Lurgan – 02838327222
Rushmere – 02838344646
Portadown – 02838351500